Indirect Tax Manager -Muscat - #50531
Our globally coordinated tax professionals offer connected services across all tax disciplines to help our clients thrive in an era of rapid change. We combine our exceptional knowledge and experience with the people and technology platforms that make us an ideal partner for all their tax-related needs. In Tax, we equip clients to make better business decisions by bringing insights to the forefront. We help companies understand the tax policies and tax laws of governments around the world to plan and comply accordingly.
Our teams leverage transformative technologies to deliver strategy and execution, from tax and regulatory obligations to operations and workforce management, to reduce risk and drive sustainable value. Tax has six sub-service lines which cover a wide range of issues: Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Global Law, Indirect Tax, International Tax and Transaction Services and People Advisory Services.
This is a period of unprecedented change in the tax arena with technological innovation and regulatory change resulting in a huge demand for delivery of Indirect Tax advisory services. As a member of the team, you will not only have the opportunity to enhance your technical knowledge and be creative, but also experience the challenge of being a trusted GST and business advisor. As part of our expansion strategy, we would like to invite you to join this dynamic team.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll lead the successful delivery of Indirect Tax engagements, taking a professional, practical and commercial approach and ensuring technical excellence.
You will manage large VAT implementation teams comprising both client functional experts and consultant specialists, identify opportunities in the market and lead on developing our commercial proposition to new and existing clients.
You will build and maintain tax relationships with our own clients, advise how indirect taxes such as value added tax (VAT) or good & services tax (GST) impact clients’ supply chain and financial and accounting systems and identify and address areas of risk, advise clients on the taxation implication of international trade and assist them in complying with customs regulations.
Skills and attributes for success
If you have strong teaching skills in developing associates and conducting trainings, strong drive to excel professionally, good advisory and writing skills and are dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical, able to work under pressure and a team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills, you will be perfect for the role.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in economics, finance, tax or accounting
- A relevant Masters degree, CPA or ACA/CA/CPA/CMA/SOCPA/Law qualification/CTA or equivalent tax qualification
- At least 6 years of relevant experience as Indirect Tax professional
- Experience working for a Big 4 accounting firm is preferred. However, we will consider candidates with from law firms or with relevant industry experience
- Customs duty advisory experience is preferable, but we will also consider candidates with VAT/GST advisory experience
- Excellent English written and presentational skills.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working in multicultural teams
- Strong organizational, project management and analytical skills.
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Coordination and prioritization skills
- Independent in managing own workload, ability to work under pressure and to keep things moving and to juggle multiple tasks
- Experience in managing teams
- Preferably Arabic language proficiency
What we look for
We’re interested in versatile people with the ability to take on new responsibilities and listen to clients to get things done. We’re not just looking for technical knowledge experience — we’re after genuinely interesting people with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and think in unique and creative news ways. If you’re a confident leader with a curious mind and the ability to solve complex issues, this role is for you.
We look for highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.