Home Planning Advisor - #39471
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You will be be accountable for individual sales targets and provide Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and regular feedback to management to ensure that the store sales targets are achieved. Furthermore offer a highly efficient, courteous and accurate service of home planning for furniture and furnishings and recommend co-ordination to customers that require assistance for small businesses or homes. Safeguard that cash is dealt with solely and that only customers needing assistance with the planning of their home or business are scheduled for consultations.
What's more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Higher Secondary
- 2 to 3 years Retail Experience
- Commercial awareness
- Strong customer service skills with a friendly approach
- Plan meetings with customers according to the scheduled work load convenient to both the co-worker and customer in order to guarantee proper planning.
- Ensure that an updated list of stock levels is available, so that customers are told of any problems with the choice of their furniture and furnishings and recommend solutions based on stock availability.
- Maintain accurate and up to date knowledge of the different style groups available as to ascertain that customers are given well planned home furniture and furnishing solutions, in line with the commercial priorities within the store and moreover make sure that customers’ requests are understood and fulfilled
- Provide regular feedback to the Sales Manager – Furniture/ Market hall of any irregular orders required and give feedback of any regular out of stock articles, so that the range department can rectify these deficiencies.
- Ensure that customers’ orders are co-coordinated with in-store logistics to avoid that stock levels are interfered with for other store customers.
- Provide friendly and professional service to all customers that require assistance and follow through with any queries and questions that are required to achieve efficient and excellent customer service.
- Contact the customers after the completion of delivery and assembly and rectify any complaints immediately to project commendable customer support.
- Meet pre-set sales targets and communicate constantly to the management opportunities on how to achieve optimal sales, which will also help to improve efficiency of the home planning.
- Be constantly aware of the department sales, individual sales and the store sales targets, so that corrective action can be taken to achieve these targets.
- Initiate sales steering with the view of improving the margins and reducing the level of outgoing articles.
- Provide weekly and monthly KPI’s to enable the department to achieve improvements and required results throughout the year and in line with that to guarantee complete customer service and repeat business
- Have a very strong level of communication with the line managers, in-store logistics co-workers, specialist sales executives (sales seniors) and the customer service department to ensure relevant information is passed on to the concerned people.
- Schedule convenient delivery and assembly times with the customer and customer service department and update these departments with any changes or potential requirements to enable the business to function as efficiently as possible.
- Communicate with the contract sales department should a query for their services be requested, and this must also be followed in the case of faxes, E-mails and telephone calls. etc. to avoid losing any business opportunities
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.