Stores and Receiving Officer ( Omani Nationals) - Jumeirah Muscat Bay (Pre-Opening) - #24387
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise
Its award winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah Muscat Bay Resort lies 15 minutes south of the city centre and 40 minutes from Seeb International Airport. The overall development will include a 1,200 square meters Talise Spa, a diving centre, a wide range of sports and leisure facilities, a selection of restaurants, bars and cafes and a kids club. The resort will also include conference and banquet facilities to cater for Oman’s growing attraction as a destination for conferences, meetings and large-scale events. The resort forms part of a larger development that includes 300 high-end residential townhouses and villas, taking advantage of some of the most beautiful, unspoilt coastline in the Middle East
About the role
An exciting role has arisen for a hardworking Stores and Receiving Officer to join the pre-opening and Finance department at Jumeirah Muscat Bay Resort. The main purpose of this role is to be responsible for storage and issue of all Food, Beverage, General and Operating Equipment supplies.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensures that all activities adhere to and support the Jumeirah Quality Management System and Oman Municipality regulations.
- To open the store at specified time.
- To print all the electronic requisitions from Adaco
- To check all the requisitions and confirm all are properly approved by the concerned Department Heads and the Cost Controller (manual requisitions only).
- To check with the Receiving and receive the goods, which are ordered by the main stores.
- To make sure that all the items received by the stores are matching with the purchase requests made by the Stores.
- To store all items category wise in the storage areas following the established procedures and standards as described in the module.
- To ensure all store items are having a reasonable expiry date.
- To make a list of not available items and display it in a store office
- To ensure all store items are kept in an appropriate temperature.
- To maintain the cleanliness and safety of the stores.
- To check the storeroom items expiry date and if any items are found near expiry date, to inform the Store Manager and the respective Department Head.
- To prepare purchase requests for all store items.
- To assist the Store Manager in maintaining the par stock levels.
- To maintain stock level for all the items as per requirement.
- To follow with Supply Chain & Logistics and make sure all items coming on time.
- To arrange the entire store items as per the store requisition and keep tit ready for issue.
- To issue items to the concerned departments and take the signature of the received.
- Should not issue a storeroom item without an approved requisition.
- To post all requisitions in the system on the same day.
- To conduct random inventory of store items every day and if there is any difference find out the mistake and rectify accordingly.
- To prepare non-moving/slow moving items list and bring in to the attention of the Store Manager
- To prepare breakage report if any.
- To prepare spoilage reports if any.
- To maintain a proper record for the items which are returned to supplier
- Responsible for all the items in the stores.
- To make transfers and issues report on daily basis as explained in the module.
- To inform the Store Manager if an item is required urgently.
- To assist the Store Manager in monthly and annual stock taking.
- To utilize the computer as necessary for the appropriate stage of storage and issues.
- To be responsible for the cleaning and hygiene schedule for all the main store areas.
- Performs all other related duties as required or requested
In order to be considered for this role, you should have a minimum of 1-2 years experience in Stores and Receiving.
About the Benefits
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; housing, annual flight tickets, medical and dental coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
Primary Location: Oman-Muscat Job: Food and Beverage Organization: Jumeirah Muscat Bay [JMBH] Job Posting: Sep 15, 2021, 2:08:15 AM