Finance Executive (Accounts Payable) - Jumeirah Muscat Bay (Pre-Opening) - #24386
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise
Its award winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah Muscat Bay Resort lies 15 minutes south of the city centre and 40 minutes from Seeb International Airport. The overall development will include a 1,200 square meters Talise Spa, a diving centre, a wide range of sports and leisure facilities, a selection of restaurants, bars and cafes and a kids club. The resort will also include conference and banquet facilities to cater for Oman’s growing attraction as a destination for conferences, meetings and large-scale events. The resort forms part of a larger development that includes 300 high-end residential townhouses and villas, taking advantage of some of the most beautiful, unspoilt coastline in the Middle East
About the role
An exciting role has arisen for a hardworking Finance Executive (Accounts Payable) to join the pre-opening and Finance department at Jumeirah Muscat Bay Resort. The main purpose of this role is to ensure validity and accuracy of all invoices, their appropriate allocation, timely payments and to ensure correct Revenue cycle areas of accounting.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- To supervise and support Accounts Payable function on a day to day basis
- To review and verify Adaco export to Sun Financials and then the import process to Sun Financials by balancing Adaco receiving report against Sun Financial A/P edit report
- To verify the accounting accuracy of all the invoices by checking accounts allocation
- To balance inventories daily & monthly in excel & Sun Financials at month end.
- To ensure all the creditors file are properly maintained for future references
- To verify all the contract related invoices by checking with the contractual terms and conditions prior to posting.
- To follow up on supplier’s queries & invoices dispute.
- To balance of all creditors’ invoices with Sun Financial statement with aging report at the month end.
- To verify suppliers reconciliations prior to releasing the cheques for DOF/Finance Manager approval
- To coordinate with all departments regarding outstanding invoices and or queries.
- To prepare urgent cheques on a timely basis.
- To ensure payment of Utilities, PASI, VAT, Tourism tax and Municipality tax is done accurately and on time.
- To follow up for clearance of advance payments made to the suppliers.
- To update the Reserve file as and when the invoices pertaining to linen, china wares, glass wares, etc. are booked in the system.
- Responsible for all AP related accruals of the expenses incurred for the pertaining period.
- Responsible to check and verify all the foreign payments in the form of Telex transfers & demand drafts.
- To check the ageing balances in AP ledger with the GL on a daily basis.
- Responsible of cheque cancellation and maintain issued and cancelled cheque file.
- To make sure all the signed cheques are kept in safe custody.
- Responsible to reconcile void/cancelled cheques with related documents.
- Responsible for reprinting the cancelled cheques.
- To make sure all the unused cheques are kept in safe custody at the end of the day
In order to be considered for this role, you should have a minimum of 1 year experience working as Accounts Payable Executive in the hospitality industry.
About the Benefits
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; housing, annual flight tickets, medical and dental coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
Primary Location: Oman-Muscat Job: Food and Beverage Organization: Jumeirah Muscat Bay [JMBH] Job Posting: Sep 15, 2021, 2:07:25 AM