Restaurant & Bar Manager - Crowne Plaza Resort Salalah - #24025
Do you see yourself as Restaurant & Bar Manager? At Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts our goal is to make business travel work. That’s where YOU come in. When you’re part of the Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title. At Crowne Plaza, we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too. The Crowne Plaza Resort Salalah sets in 45 acres of private tropical gardens and on a long stretch of pristine sandy beach. The resort enjoys an ideal location for Business, Meetings & Events and leisure Travelers. Recline on a well-lit beach and by the pool with sumptuous cuisine at the relaxing Crowne Plaza Resort Salalah. Receive a warm welcome from friendly Omani colleagues as you cross 42 acres of lush, landscaped gardens and enter into the gleaming lobby of Crowne Plaza Resort Salalah. We'll show you to your room or suite, or point you towards our 3 interconnecting pools, tennis and squash courts or par-3 garden golf course. A courtesy shuttle bus whisks you from Salalah International Airport to Crowne Plaza Resort Salalah in 10 minutes. We combine a resort getaway with easy access to the center of Salalah, just a 10-minute drive away. Lush hotel gardens lead to the gentle turquoise waters, lapping against the beach. Locals are drawn to our night-time attractions, from sumptuous themed buffets on the white sand at Ocean Blue Restaurant and panoramic sunset and ocean views at Dolphin Terrazza. Al-Khareef Pub, with its rich wood and stained glass, is a homely space serving draught beers. Dine al fresco on the Arabic-style terrace of Darbat restaurant or sip cocktails at the Splash Pool Bar.
Your day to day
As Restaurant & Bar Manager you will manage the food and beverage operations to ensure quality service and standards while delivering a guest experience that is unique, ensuring compliance with all governmental regulations concerning health, safety, or other requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the smooth running of the food & beverage outlet, where all aspects of the guest food & beverage service experience are delivered to the highest levels.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual outlet operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on food, beverage, and labor costs.
- In partnership with the culinary department, identify additional sales opportunities to enhance revenue. Drive promotions that deliver great dining experiences for guests at a good value.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product & service quality.
- Maintains food handling, sanitation and cleanliness standards.
- Coaches colleagues regarding performance on an on-going basis.
- Educate and train all team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained on quality and service standards, has the necessary tools and equipment, and is empowered to carry out job duties.
- Ensure all restaurant equipment is in proper operational condition and are cleaned on a regular basis.
- Ensure that all restaurant facilities including back of house areas are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volume. Notify engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
- Ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory and equipment, and replenish supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste.
What we need from you
- University / College degree holder in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar position or a related field with a proven record of accomplishment or success.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Arabic with other languages preferred.
- Experience in a 5-star hotel/resort international chain is essential.
- Able to handle stressful situations, work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize well.
- High level of energy, work ethics and drive to achieve operational and business goals.
- Strong leadership, team building, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Display a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- An eye for detail and a focus on quality standards.
What we offer
In return, we’ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount schemes and the chance to work with a great team. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 5,900 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to Crowne Plaza and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com.