Agent - Document Checker - #129962
City: Muscat, Muscat
Contract type: Full time
- Checking the travel documents of all passengers with view to altered/forged/stolen travel document to avoid fines impost by immigration on routes which are required.
- Conduct discreet profiling of passengers from suspected points of origin or from particular regions with a view to identifying impostors and substitutes, to be achieved through the use of special questioning techniques, together with interpersonal and language skills.
- Facilitate the offloading of suspect passengers and their baggage and to ensure correct reconciliation.
- Work closely with Immigration, Consular and Embassy officials at station to maximize co-operation in identifying the suspected travellers joining or transferring at station.
- Maintain close and regular contact with other embassy and consular representatives of countries at destination to identify forged and fraudulent documents. Establish and maintain familiarity with individual government regulations regarding dual nationalities etc. Exchange intelligence information regarding movements, behaviour and manner of travelling of illegal immigrants and their smugglers.
- Preserve copies of forged and fraudulent documents for future inquiries and training purposes and where appropriate to ensure that the operating crew carries such copies to countries and destination.
- Compile reports on intercepted passengers so as to assist the company in its legal appeals to foreign immigration authorities at destination to waive the fines that have been imposed on airlines.
- Keep abreast with the latest development in the field of forgery, especially in terms of changes in the style and format of travel documents and the modus operandi of illegal immigrants.
- Use detection equipment, training aids and other devices where appropriate to facilitate high rates of detection.